History of Times Past Inn
Times Past Inn originally opened June 1983 at 1701 East Empire Street in a building that was a former Hen House Restaurant.
Ron & Jan Thompsom, who ran the Amoco
Gas Station on the property were the original restaurant owners.
Art Donaldson and Tim Keller took over the operation of the restaurant on December 1, 1984.
At their current Towanda Plaza location,
Times Past Inn opened on October 12, 1987.
Art and his wife Judy have been the sole owners since 1994.
The current building was built in the mid 1960's and has been home to several restaurants. Originally built as Toppers Steak House, then became Steve's Steak House, Laub's Family Restaurant, then The Towanda Inn as Striker's Restaurant. Times Past Inn opened October 12, 1987 and has called the same location home for over 25 years.
25 Years Later......
Times Past Inn is loved by the locals and is known for their great food at reasonable prices and clean family friendly atmosphere.
You can see Art just about anytime the restaurant is open. His wife Judy frequently is there and helps with the TPI Catering. On Sunday mornings their daughter Billie Jo works in the dining room serving breakfast and lunch.
Many of the TPI staff has been with Art for several years.
TPI is nostalgic Bloomington, that's why so many locals love it.
It's the place to meet friends for great food and drinks!